CLOSED – Wednesday 14th March 2018 – PROJECT GRIFFIN TRAINING
PROJECT GRIFFIN is a model that is nationally recognised and supported by the National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NaCTSO) who works with the Home Office in order to deliver counter terrorism awareness to individuals and groups, including those responsible for safety and security of buildings, businesses and neighbourhoods.
PROJECT GRIFFIN complements the PROTECT and PREPARE strands of the Government’s CONTEST Strategy to tackle terrorism.
Project Griffin is also recognised and supported by the Security Industry Association.
The objectives of Project Griffin are:
- Raise awareness of current terrorism issues and threat.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Maintain trust and confidence in the police and other authorities.
- Give people confidence to report suspicious activity to the police.
Topics covered at a Project Griffin presentation:
- The current threat posed to the UK by International and Domestic terrorism and extremism.
- Hostile reconnaissance / suspicious behaviour – what it is and how to report it.
- How to deal with a suspicious item.
- Stay Safe – action to take in the event of a firearms attack.
You or a member of staff are invited to attend a Project Griffin – Free of charge and delivered by Met Police CT Protect officers on:
Date: Wednesday, 14th March 2018
Please email email@example.com with name of person and business attending (if you are within the BID)