This course offers your staff the chance to receive training from LAS experts and will be held at Putney Arts Theatre on Upper Richmond Road. Positively Putney is funding this training so that BID business representatives can attend for free.
Who needs this training?
The emergency life support course is our recommended base course for beginners who are from a non-health care background. It teaches the elements needed to save a life in an emergency.
What will be covered?
- Chain of survival concept
- Assessment of the collapsed casualty
- Recovery position
- Adult cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Management of heart attack
- Management of major bleeding
- Management of adult choking
- Appropriate use of the London Ambulance Service
- Defibrillator Training
What skills will I gain?
This covers heart attack, signs, symptoms and treatment of heart attacks, basic life support for adults, babies and children, management of the unconscious patient, choking and how to use a defibrillator. It is very important that these lifesaving skills are learnt as these can save lives.
You will also receive a certificate after completing the course which will be valid for 1 year.