LAS LIFE SAVING AND DEFIBRILLATOR COURSE
Positively Putney will be hosting a life saving and defibrillator course, which will be run by the London Ambulance Service on Tuesday 8th May from 9.30-12.30pm. This course offers your staff the chance to receive training from LAS experts and will be held at Putney Arts Theatre on Upper Richmond Road. There are only 8 places available to Putney businesses. Positively Putney is funding this training so that BID business representatives can attend for free. Does someone in your business know what to do in an emergency? The training is a 3 hour session which includes heart attack, signs, symptoms and treatment of heart attacks, basic life support for adults, babies and children, management of the unconscious patient, choking and how to use a defibrillator. It is very important that these lifesaving skills are learnt as these can save lives.
PROJECT GRIFFIN TRAINING
PROJECT GRIFFIN is a model that is nationally recognised & supported by the National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NaCTSO) who works with the Home Office, in order to deliver counter terrorism awareness to individuals and groups including those responsible for safety and security of buildings, businesses & neighbourhoods.
PROJECT GRIFFIN complements the PROTECT and PREPARE strands of the Government’s CONTEST Strategy to tackle terrorism.
Project Griffin is also recognised and supported by the Security Industry Association.
The objectives of Project Griffin are:
- Raise awareness of current terrorism issues & threat;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships & partnerships;
- Maintain trust and confidence in the police and other authorities;
- Give people confidence to report suspicious activity to the police.
Topics covered at a Project Griffin presentation:
- The current threat posed to the UK by International & Domestic terrorism & extremism;
- Hostile Reconnaissance / Suspicious behavior – What it is & how to report;
- How to deal with a suspicious item;
- Stay Safe – Action to take in the event of a Firearms attack
You or a member of staff are invited to attend a Project Griffin – Free of charge & delivered by Met Police CT Protect officers on:
Date: Wednesday 14th March 2018
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with name of person & business attending (if you are within the BID)
The Best Christmas Ever
Thursday 5th October 2017
Corin Birchall of Kerching Retail, a retail sales, marketing consultant, shared tips and tricks on how to be even more successful in your business around the busy Christmas period.
This workshop covered:
- How to attract footfall by using your windows.
- How to use the store layout and POS to close sales.
- How to creatively increase average spend.
- Understand how Christmas shopping behave and learn how to persuade them.
- How to build a customer base for the following eleven months.
This training workshop is tailored to benefit small to medium business owners. Corin’s session can help you attract more customers, close more sales and generate repeat purchase for 2018.
Retail tips and tricks
The BID team attended the 2017 Save the High Street Conference to find out about the best tips and tricks for your business. Read our helpful guide here: Retail Tips