Totally Thames Festival Trust are presenting the Foreshore Festival on Putney’s Embankment. The day is hosted by Tideway, who are working to clean up the river by building London’s ‘super sewer’, the Thames Tideway Tunnel. The Foreshore Festival aims to celebrate and encourage recreation on the river, environmental activities on the foreshore, and raise awareness of the risks around the River Thames which weaves itself through the centre of London.
This event will bring together many of Tideway’s key partners:
• Active360 – Stand up paddle boarding group. They will be running a mass paddle taster session and the Big Ben race.
• Thames21 – Environment charity doing great work to clean the banks of the river. You can get involved and see the difference!
• Tideway, Tideway West and BMB – You can hear about the works in Putney and across London.
• PLA – The Port of London, custodians of the river and owner of the Thames Vision.
• RNLI – Critical guardians of the river who work to keep the river users safe.
• LYR and British Rowing – Outreach and the home of British Rowing.
• Local Businesses – Showing off a bit of Putney life.
• Local Residents – Bringing the foreshore to life.
For more information on the Foreshore Festival, visit http://totallythames.org/event/foreshore-festival