Taste of Putney
We are really excited to announce that we will be hosting Taste of Putney for the second year running – consisting of two weeks of special ‘Putney themed’ offers, deals and events to entice members of the public to visit our wonderful array of dining options in Putney.
Would you like to be involved?
About Taste of Putney
The event will be taking place between Saturday 14th September and Sunday 29th September 2019. During that time, members of the public will have access to Putney themed deals and special offers, events and a special market during the weekend of 21st and 22nd September.
How you can be involved:
- Putney Themed Offers: Create a special offer during Taste of Putney to entice visitors of Putney in to your business. Some options could be; money off the bill, family offers, 2-4-1 on main meals, free desert with your main etc. Why not give it a special Putney theme so it stands out.
- New Putney Dishes: You can also create a new ‘Taste of Putney Dish’ to offer visitors. How about a Putney Pizza, a Putney Pie or a special Putney Pastry? You see where we’re going with this…we love two P’s.
- Events: We know some of you already host special events such as cooking classes, wine tasting, children’s pizza making class, BBQ’s, cocktail making etc – but why not arrange a special event during Taste of Putney?
Note: Our Marketing and Communications Manager, Sophie, will be more than happy to brainstorm ideas and help you come up with a theme or event. Two heads are better than one!
In the build up to the event, during and after we will be executing our marketing plan to promote these activities to as many people as possible.
Once your submission is confirmed, we will:
- include your offer or event in our promo leaflet
- be working closely with press agencies
- include your offer or event in newsletters to businesses and members of the public
- advertise all activity for 2 weeks in Wandsworth Council’s advertising boards
- promo campaign on social media
- information in our news section on our website
- and much more…
Let us know:
Would you like to be involved in this special event right on your doorstep?
Let us know by Monday 5th August. All we need to know is:
- What will your business be doing? Special Offer, New Dish or Event
- Name of Special Offer, New Dish or Event.
- Any additional information you can provide about what you are offering.
- What dates/times is this available?
Please email this information to Sophie Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org
Putney’s FOOD Market
Sadly, Putney Market Company decided to stop managing the Saturday food market in Church square just before Christmas. Wandsworth Council stepped in and agreed to licence those traders who wanted to continue trading. There will only be a small number of traders over the winter until we can find a new market operator.
Please continue to support your favourite fresh produce suppliers, the fish, fruit and vegetable, cheese and bread stall. The market is open every Saturday, 10.00 am – 15.00 pm.
St Mary’s Church Square, 5 Putney High Street, London, SW15 1RB.
Open every Saturday, 10.00 am – 15.00 pm.
Art, Design, Antiques and Vintage Market
The Putney Art Design, Antique and Vintage market had a break in 2018 but will be back in 2019 on a quarterly basis (exact dates tbc). Each market will be bigger than the previous monthly markets. In 2014 this market proved very popular as an art and design market on the Embankment and, in 2016, moved to Church Square and combined with antiques. It is a great opportunity to meet the local artists and makers themselves, or to find that collectible vintage item.
If you would like a stall please email email@example.com