The wonderful image to the left is of the celebrations of the coronation in 1902 for Edward VII. Look how they dressed Putney High Street – can we make the 2023 celebrations as impressive so when people look back in a hundred years they can tell what fun we had! This image was provided by Wandsworth Heritage Service.
Spend the last day of the long Coronation weekend, Monday 8th May celebrating in Putney town centre. We are bringing together our residents, visitors, businesses, local community, and partners to shop, eat, stay, play and enjoy all that we have to offer. We will welcome our new monarch by celebrating his ethos of sustainability, volunteering and supporting local business. Family fun entertainment in Church Square, alongside our Big Help Out Putney Volunteer Village.
Monday 8 May – Church Square 12-4pm
- Kings and Queens Fancy Dress parade – come dressed in your best attire and join the parade. Will congregate in Church Square at 3pm
- Arts and Crafts – suitably regal from midday to 3pm
- Return of the very popular Balloon Modeller from 12.30 to 4pm
- Circus activities in Church Square from 2pm to 4pm
- Fun selfies with our oversized throne, and life-sized cardboard Royals
- Live Music with Riverside Radio
- Tequila Mockingbird Pimms & cocktails stall
The Big Help Out Putney
All ages welcome to join, meet in Church Square. Bring your own litter pick or trowel if you have one.
- Litter pick 1.30 to 2.30 pm
- Community Planting 1.30 to 2.30pm
We hope that the Coronation weekend will be the kick-off to something truly meaningful for everyone – whether that’s committing to support local businesses, adopting a new sustainable practice, or volunteering in the community. We are embracing and sharing The Big Help Out message and hope that locals and visitors alike will join us.
Wandsworth Council have kindly provided some grant funding from their King and Queen Consort’s Coronation Grant Fund towards the costs of this event.