If you’re looking for a way to refresh your wardrobe without breaking the bank or harming the planet, why not join the Second Hand September campaign and shop at your local charity shops in Putney? You’ll be supporting good causes, reducing waste and finding some unique and affordable pieces.
Charity Shops in Putney
- Oxfam: The original pioneers of second hand September, they sell everything from clothing to books as well as their own fair trade range.
- Wandsworth Oasis Putney: This shop sells everything from clothing and accessories to furniture and novelty gifts. All the profits go to support HIV-related projects and organisations in South London.
- British Heart Foundation: This shop offers a great range of quality clothes, accessories, CDs, DVDs and books. You can also donate your unwanted items using their freepost service or gift aid them to boost their value.
- Royal Trinity Hospice Putney: This shop has a great mix of designer, high street and vintage clothing and accessories for men and women. You’ll be supporting the oldest hospice in London, providing compassionate care to people with life-limiting illnesses.
- Cancer Research: This shop sells a variety of clothes, accessories, books, toys and homeware. They always have great offers on their items so pop in store today to support cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Mind: Newly opened Mind sells an eclectic mix of high street and designer items. Shop from Mind to support the fight for better mental health.
Shopping second hand is not only good for your wallet and the environment, but also for your local community. You can discover new styles, find hidden gems and support worthy causes. So why not give it a try this September and see what you can find in Putney’s charity shops?
For more information about Second Hand September, visit Second Hand September | Oxfam GB